appending headers to frameworks
recently I've been doing some mach-o development on os10, and this means using frameworks. some of them don't come with headers when they really should (I'm looking at you, vmutils and CGSPrivate.h), or like the MaxAPI, the headers are still geared towards cfm development and so are not included in the framework. it's kinda nice to be able to include the framework in xcode and have everything just work w/o setting up additional search paths, so here's how we do:
cd theframework.framework
mkdir Versions/A/Headers
cp -R /path/to/headers/* Versions/A/Headers
ln -s Versions/A/Headers .
the symlink is the important step here - you might think you could do this all from the finder by just creating an alias of Headers, but then you'd be wrong (like with everything else that has to do with xcode). the alias/symlink disconnect always trips me up, I wish I could create symlinks from the finder.
cd theframework.framework
mkdir Versions/A/Headers
cp -R /path/to/headers/* Versions/A/Headers
ln -s Versions/A/Headers .
the symlink is the important step here - you might think you could do this all from the finder by just creating an alias of Headers, but then you'd be wrong (like with everything else that has to do with xcode). the alias/symlink disconnect always trips me up, I wish I could create symlinks from the finder.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home