the great adobe cs2 case-sensitive adventure, part 5: the end
success!
the kernel patch dumps some rather valuable info into system.log for us:
Feb 2 20:35:28 harvest kernel[0]: case mismatch: requested Resources found resources
Feb 2 20:35:28 harvest kernel[0]: case mismatch: requested Resources found resources
Feb 2 20:35:28 harvest kernel[0]: case mismatch: requested Resources found resources
Feb 2 20:35:28 harvest kernel[0]: case mismatch: requested Resources found resources
Feb 2 20:35:30 harvest kernel[0]: case mismatch: requested asn found ASN
Feb 2 20:35:30 harvest kernel[0]: case mismatch: requested asn found ASN
Feb 2 20:35:30 harvest kernel[0]: case mismatch: requested PS.sif found PS.SIF
Feb 2 20:35:30 harvest kernel[0]: case mismatch: requested PS.sif found PS.SIF
I'm not sure why each hit is printed twice, perhaps because something is stat()ing a file before open()ing it? it doesn't seem to do so for all files, just a select few. but breaking on stat() and open() in gdb sure didn't turn up this much gold, so I'm not complaining. note that these are the only filenames I hadn't found with all the prior searching methods - a freshly installed copy of photoshop dumps out a whole lot more. sadly this method can only return a particular filesystem object and not the whole path, so directories like Resources can be hard to find as there are ~25 in the photoshop app bundle. from this listing the files I'm primarily interested in are asn and PS.SIF. I think I'd incorrectly renamed asn to ASN earlier based on some info I'd found in the asn.framework, but I had no idea about the correct casing of PS.sif. fixing up those things allows photoshop to run without error on my HFSXJ partition. hooray! if anyone wants a complete list of filenames to change, let me know. if I have the time, I may do the rest of the cs2 apps and write some sort of patch.
I'm happy to learn that I have the capability to approach and fix a problem like this, while a fairly sizeable and accomplished software house writes it off as the end-user's problem. that's pretty shoddy, adobe.
the kernel patch dumps some rather valuable info into system.log for us:
Feb 2 20:35:28 harvest kernel[0]: case mismatch: requested Resources found resources
Feb 2 20:35:28 harvest kernel[0]: case mismatch: requested Resources found resources
Feb 2 20:35:28 harvest kernel[0]: case mismatch: requested Resources found resources
Feb 2 20:35:28 harvest kernel[0]: case mismatch: requested Resources found resources
Feb 2 20:35:30 harvest kernel[0]: case mismatch: requested asn found ASN
Feb 2 20:35:30 harvest kernel[0]: case mismatch: requested asn found ASN
Feb 2 20:35:30 harvest kernel[0]: case mismatch: requested PS.sif found PS.SIF
Feb 2 20:35:30 harvest kernel[0]: case mismatch: requested PS.sif found PS.SIF
I'm not sure why each hit is printed twice, perhaps because something is stat()ing a file before open()ing it? it doesn't seem to do so for all files, just a select few. but breaking on stat() and open() in gdb sure didn't turn up this much gold, so I'm not complaining. note that these are the only filenames I hadn't found with all the prior searching methods - a freshly installed copy of photoshop dumps out a whole lot more. sadly this method can only return a particular filesystem object and not the whole path, so directories like Resources can be hard to find as there are ~25 in the photoshop app bundle. from this listing the files I'm primarily interested in are asn and PS.SIF. I think I'd incorrectly renamed asn to ASN earlier based on some info I'd found in the asn.framework, but I had no idea about the correct casing of PS.sif. fixing up those things allows photoshop to run without error on my HFSXJ partition. hooray! if anyone wants a complete list of filenames to change, let me know. if I have the time, I may do the rest of the cs2 apps and write some sort of patch.
I'm happy to learn that I have the capability to approach and fix a problem like this, while a fairly sizeable and accomplished software house writes it off as the end-user's problem. that's pretty shoddy, adobe.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home