directory access
I was using LDAP for authentication on two machines in the lab over the past year, but now they're running standalone for a couple of months. I thought I'd disable LDAP while they're away, since I don't want the speed hit of cross-continent network home folders.
note to self: simply unchecking the server in the LDAP pane does _not prevent the machine from trying to touch the server, and if you try running it w/ no network at all be prepared for a world of wait while the damn thing times out looking for the server all the time. I ended up having to delete the entry, and will have to re-create it when they return to the lab in the spring.
note to self: simply unchecking the server in the LDAP pane does _not prevent the machine from trying to touch the server, and if you try running it w/ no network at all be prepared for a world of wait while the damn thing times out looking for the server all the time. I ended up having to delete the entry, and will have to re-create it when they return to the lab in the spring.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home